Monday, August 11, 2008

A New Beginning...


yes...i woke up in time for work this morning!! yay, me! shane woke up & took my picture to document my 1st day! (i thought my mom would appreciate the picture!) well, only 191 more to go...just kidding, i'm not really counting!!
ok, i couldn't decide if i should tell about my crazy experience today, but here goes...i decided i should go to the little girls room before our district-wide introductions were about to begin. sounds harmless...well, it was a one room potty, you know w/the boy & girl on the outside. so i push open the door and guess what??? A MAN WAS PEEING!!!! THIS IS A BRAND NEW BUILDING WITH LOCKS ON THE DOOR!!!! WHO DOESN'T LOCK THE DOOR???? well, i know 1 person that doesn't!!! i bet you are thinking, well, at least he had his back to you...NO...the potty was on the side wall, right when you open the door!!! and in case you are wondering you know what...YES!!
on a more serious note: HOW 'BOUT THE MEN'S RELAY LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that, my friend, is what the olympics are all about! although, i'm thinkin' the 33 year old gymnast might be even more impressive than that race!!

10 comments:

Shellee said...

Are you wearing that jacket because the red stain didn't come out of the back of that shirt?

Also, you left out some very important details on your pee story! Did you know the man? Did he see you? Did you say anything? Did you stand there paralyzed staring at his nakedness? Details...I need details!

Hope you had a great day!

Shannon said...

Well, it's definitely a memorable first day. {wink, wink} And yes, that men's relay was quite impressive... I loved watching the guys at the end... the cheering... the looking for the results... the primal screaming... what fun.

Emily said...

hearing you tell that story was definitely one of the best parts of my day! :)

McCollough's said...

Um...I clicked on your picture to make it bigger so I could see your cute outfit better and OMG where did you get those shoes? I'm in love with them...what size do you where? And yes...look at my blog...the relay was AWESOME!!

Love ya!
LeAnn

Kristy said...

I'm so glad you got up on time!! I was worried for you!! I thought about you around 8:30 when I was having trouble getting myself going!!!

Nice pee story!! It couldn't have happened to a better person! I only wish I could have seen your face!!

Jenny Chapman said...

you can't say your 1st day of inservice was boring!!! crothenberger...i love you!

leiGh said...

you looked super cute on your first day of school. :)

Margo said...

so i've already heard from randy chunn on my blog who exactly you walked in on...hahahaaaa...

Julie said...

I am very proud of you for jumping back in. I had anxiety today when my principal asked me to long-term sub in 5th grade (I said no). Also when she asked me to tutor 1 hr a day, 4 days a week (I said yes to that one). Best of luck to you, and I hope you have an awesome class! Sidenote: Did you ever have Sandy Wooten in class at Houston in MW? She now attends A&M on a track scholarship!

mom said...

Hi Baby Girl...I am trying to leave you a comment...I left one and it didn't work...I am trying again...This is the first chance I've had to leave you a message and read your blog...I have been involved in nanny camp!!!I love the picture...I am laughing sooo hard about the man I can't type...Only you...I am sooo proud of you my New Teacher!!!I love you.