Sunday, September 28, 2008

I Heart Aggieland!











the only thing better than a day in aggieland...is a day in aggieland with shane and the kiddos!
we had such a great day! the seats in front of us & to the side of us, were empty, so we had plenty of room!! it was military appreciation day...4 men jumped from an airplane & parachuted to the middle of the field, a flag that went from end zone to end zone was rolled out at half time, and i got the cutest aggie, fossil purse!!
(oh, and the aggies won!!)
just when you think it can't get any better than that...it does!! shane's aunt & uncle (after 15 years, can't i call them my aunt & uncle too??) anyway, they were at the game so we met them at casa ole for supper!! why can't we have a casa ole here??? probably my favorite part of the day, next to my nap in the student center (that brings back some memories!!), was hearing the new coach say that this football game is meaningless when you think about all of the men & women in the military defending our country! there were still some idiots around us that don't get that!! this will make me sound very, very old...but, i can remember a time when there was no booing at kyle field. that has always been one of my favorite traditions! apparently, not many people are holding onto that tradition! but, all in all, we had a great, great day!! gig 'em!

4 comments:

Judy said...

I'm so glad ya'll had a great family day and that the Aggie's won. YEAH !!! I had a great family day with Ronnie & your dad along with all the LA relatives that we saw. I bragged about the blogs to Megan, Jan & Aunt Rose and we even checked them out yesterday. Ya'll now have some new fans. Have a GREAT week.

Julie said...

You are so busted! Next time, you better call, and we will take you to our new favorite local mexican restaurant! :) Glad you had a great time!

McCollough's said...

I agree, the booing and cussing was very un-aggie like when I went, not to mention the mass exodus at the beginning of the 4th quarter...that was something a texas fan would do and the whole reason I am an Aggie fan and not a texas fan is because of the whole having some class win or lose.

-Brandon

Julie said...

We are section 103? So I guess maybe on the other end of the field, because we aren't far from the 10 yd line! I understand about not making it to the games. We are missing the next 2 because we are going to be out of town! If you make it back, give us a holler!